Department of BBA in Hospital Management
Siliguri Institute of Technology (SIT) Began its journey in the year of 1999, and its running under the vision of TECHNO INDIA GROUP and is only one of its, kinds in North Bengal, the institute already runs six B- tech programs under graduates & post graduates courses in management and computer application. along with an under graduate program in hotel management and catering technology, the latest feather added to its cap is to Bachelor in HOSPITAL MANAGEMENT or BBA IN HOSPITAL MANAGEMENT.
A large number of medical establishments such as private hospitals and clinics have come up all over the country, and like any other business medical establishments are organized institutions, with increasing emphasis on quality of health care and patient satisfaction there is a tremendous need for efficient persons with a professional qualification in hospital management.
Hospital management is new concept in management stream, it’s concerned with organization, co – ordination, planning, staffing, evaluating and controlling of health services for the masses. Professional hospital administrators have proven how institutions can be managed proficiently economically and successfully in a given time period. The requirement of professional administrators in the hospitals is growing briskly mostly because the nature of work in hospitals is quite different from other organisations. Hospitals are expected to deliver quality service 24x7x365. The urgent nature of its work and the level of efficiency that is expected have increased the need of well formulated hospital management courses.
A basic interest in the science, management and arts of health care delivery systems and services can fetch best value from the BHM course. BBM (H) in hospital management at SIT serves two important purposes. One. It enables ready employability in hospital, and health service and Two, it provides a stepping stone for Master Program in Hospital Administration or Management, with the continuing growth of health care industry and demand has been out sizing the supply.
Following are the topics covered in this professional program:
- Administration of Hospital and Health Care Planning
- General & Personnel Management in Health Institutions
- Concepts of Epidemiology (Public Health Administration)
- Anatomy, Physiology and Medical Terminology
- Financial Management & Inventory Control in Hospitals
- Behavioral Science (Organizational Behavior in Hospitals)
- Organization & Management of Hospitals Health Management Information System
- Hospital Policies, practices, ACTS & Committees
- National Health plans (Industrial relations, Employees Welfare, Labor Law etc.)
- Hospital Administrator & Operation: Most job opportunities in the field of Hospital Management are in hospitals, but one can also find openings in health agencies, Laboratories and other health and allied services. Government Hospitals as well as private hospitals employ hospital administrators / Managers
- Hospital Quality Management: As the Indian health sector is growing at a brisk pace due to its strengthening coverage, service and increasing expenditure, there must be smooth flow of medical supplies and above all the required standards of cleanliness are maintained, beside, one deals with the employees and financial matters, the emphasis is on quality, efficiency and cost containment, the challenge is to deliver the highest quality care at the lowest cost. Its entails giving 100% of your time to quality in patient care, low3ering the length of stay, decreasing resource utilization, and working with the medical and administrative staff to co – ordinate all aspects of in-house – care, for the smooth functioning of hospitals, qualified professionals are required.
- Hospital Business Development: The diverse career opportunities is in consultancy planning and designing hospitals as they have to coordinate amongst the various departments of the hospital and have to ensure all equipment are functional, they are responsible for hiring non- medical staff, maintenance of hospital services, security, building the hospital brand, non- marketing , accounts, financial operations, planning and control for continuous supply of materials, management of the research and clinical work etc.
- Marketing, Medical Tourism, Tele Medicine: Employment opportunities in this field are plenty, FRESH degree holders may start their professional career as managers of non- health departments like marketing, finance
- Health Care Insurance: One can find employment in large corporate and international and national healthcare organizations and health insurance companies. Health care portals, NURSING Homes, medical software companies, pharmaceuticals and Hospital Supply firms.
The department of Hospital management is a new wing to provide quality education inhealth care and is an entirely tuned with the tremendous need for efficient persons with a professional qualification in hospital industry. The program is affiliated to the Maulana Abul Kalam Azad University of Technology (MAKAUT).Hospital management is new concept in management stream. The urgent nature of its work and the level of efficiency that is expected have increased the need of well formulated hospital management courses. A basic interest in the science, management and arts of health care delivery systems and services can fetch best value from this course. It serves two important purposes, One, It enables ready employability in hospital, and health service, and Two, it provides a stepping stone for Master Program in Hospital Administration Or Management.
- FULL TIME Recognized Degree.
- Well Opportunity for industry visit, workshop, and seminar to upgrade knowledge.
- Well stocked library.
Vision & Mission
Vision of the Department:
- To evolve into a major resource center in North Bengal for efficient Healthcare Manager.
Mission of the department:
- To provide quality education in the field of hospital and health management.
- To develop skilled manpower with adequate knowledge in academic and challenging industry.
- To act as a research center in North Bengal Region for healthcare management.
10+ 2 passed, from any stream under a recognized board with valid WBCET score
3 years full time course
- Corporate Hospital Executives
- Operation Managers
- Quality Managers
- HR Executives in Hospitals and Healthcare companies
- Marketing Executive in Hospitals and Healthcare companies
- Public Health Administrators in GOVT. Sector
- Health Insurance Managers
- Medical Tourism Managers
- Pharmaceutical Executives
- Healthcare IT Consultants
- Diagnostic Centre Managers
- Entrepreneur in Health Industry
Advantages @ SIT
- Regular Industry visit, Guest lectures, and Internship
- 100% placement assistance in leading Hospitals and Healthcare industry.
- Library with 70000 plus books.
- Lowest course fees.
- Oldest Engineering and Management College in this region since 1999.
- State of art infrastructure.
- Pollution free, sprawling campus with great ambience.
- Industry tie-up with leading multi-specialty Hospitals.
- College bus and Hostel facility for students.
Mail ID: email@example.com